Get Ideas to Consider During a Fluctuating Market
To help you handle your portfolio’s fluctuations, get our “Six Strategies for Weathering Market Volatility” report. The strategies discussed include:
- Thinking long term. Short-term volatility is nothing new, and if you’re investing for the long haul, you may be better off by just riding it out.
- Reviewing your asset allocation. Your portfolio may be strategically allocated among different investment types (stocks, bonds, cash alternatives, etc.) to help you reach your goals. During times of volatility, it’s often important to simply stick with that allocation.
- Using volatility to your advantage. Market volatility can be nerve-wracking, but when it’s over, you may end up with more than if it never happened. That is if you make the right moves.
- Staying focused on your goals. Historically, average market declines have been relatively short-term events. When one occurs, you may be better off if you keep your eyes on why you’re investing (your goals) rather than reacting in haste. Of course, past performance is no guarantee of future results.
- Avoiding trying to time the market. Getting out of the market when it’s at the top and back in at the bottom sounds like a great strategy. Unfortunately, even seasoned investors find it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to do consistently.
- Talking with a Financial Advisor. Sitting down with an experienced Financial Advisor may offer the perspective you need to deal with market volatility.
Request Your “Six Strategies for Weathering Market Volatility” Report
This report includes helpful information for investors needing help dealing with volatility. To download a free copy, please complete all the fields in the order form.