Help With Navigating a Divorce's Possible Financial Consequences
Experiencing a divorce can exact a painful emotional and physical toll on you and your loved ones. Unfortunately, dealing with the financial implications can make matters even worse. That’s why it’s important to get help with managing the potential financial impact if you’re in the process of getting a divorce or have reason to believe you’ll be going through one in the foreseeable future.
Complete the form to receive our three helpful divorce guides. Here’s what's included:
“Divorce: A Guide to Financial Considerations throughout the Process” looks at how to navigate the financial aspects of divorce and move on with your life. It outlines:
- A step-by-step plan with the right steps you need to take when going through a divorce
- Negotiating financial settlements
- Taking stock of and investing in your new life
“Your Financial Organizer for Divorce” is a useful worksheet to help you organize your financial information when going through a divorce including:
- What key tax, investment, and financial documents to gather
- Finding your assets' cost bases for calculating capital gains
- Estimating your post-divorce budget
- Developing a plan for health care benefits
- Reviewing insurance coverage
“Divorce: Navigating the Tax and Financial Aspects” includes helpful reminders and suggests topics to discuss with your Financial Advisor and tax and legal advisors, including:
- How your tax picture may change
- Strategies for managing retirement accounts [401(k), 403(b), IRA, etc.]
- Complications employer-granted stock options and restricted stock can create
- The importance of updating estate planning documents and beneficiary designations
Getting through a divorce is hard enough without being blindsided by unanticipated financial complications. Get this valuable information now.
Wells Fargo Advisors and its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice. Be sure to consult with your own tax and legal advisors before taking any action that may have tax or legal consequences.
Request Your Free Divorce Guides Today
Complete the form to receive the three guides, which include information about preparing for a divorce, key documents to gather, and helpful tips on talking with your Financial Advisor and tax and legal advisors.